I'll run your ass over, no problem. 

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Terminally ...busy in Helper

I tried to do this last night before I left, but I was too exhausted from the excessive packing and cleaning I had to do.


So I'm finally in Utah. The drive here was interesting. I realized I was out of Los Angeles when I woke up at the In N Out in Barstow, and I saw a lot of pick up trucks and plaid. I ate a burger (Yes, with meat. No, I'm not going to continue eating meat because it completely grossed me out). After Barstow came Nevada, then briefly Arizona, and finally Utah. We encountered about 45 terrifying minutes of blizzard, and 3 or 4 hours of snow. Helper is the name of the town I'm staying in, and apparently it snowed here all day but thankfully it didn't stick. I'm not too worried about freezing my ass off because I'm going to be four layers deep pretty much all the time. Thankfully I packed enough to clothe a small army of petite, cold-susceptible, vegetarian art directors so I think I'll be a-ok. As far as my accommodations go, I'm staying in what used to be an old brothel, haunted and everything. They cranked the heat up before i got here, so now I am sporting cut off jean shorts and a tank top - typical Claudia uniform. The only thing that's missing is a cold beer in my hand, but thankfully the brothel is two store fronts down from the local state run liquor station. About that...what the hell? It's going to take some getting used to, but I tend to get angry when people, in the name of institutions and principles I disagree with, try to control my consumption of any substance.

Anyway, that's it for now. I have to go sleep in order to be perfectly rested for my location scout tomorrow morning. Pictures will come soon, and you can be sure there will be plenty. This place seems really great so far. My only anxiety (besides my work) is the terrible home sickness that I'm feeling right now. I really appreciate everyone's good thoughts and energy that they sent me, and I don't think I need to say I miss all of my friends, parents, sisters and pets very dearly. I wish I could share this with everyone who helped me get here, but all I can do right now is focus on my work and send a shit ton of postcards/letters.


Miss you guys!
I promise to update soon!
Claudia

2 comments:

  1. How long are you in UT for, Claudia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a month. I return May 7th if all goes well.

    ReplyDelete