I'll run your ass over, no problem. 

Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm alive, and (now) well.




I'm sorry about my recent absenteeism. I have been way too caught up in the whole movie process to blog, but here's a brief update! These are some of the only film photos I've taken and found interesting enough to post. My thoughts/criticism/digital photos of Utah will come once I'm in Los Angeles, which should be sometime at the end of next week. When I get back I plan to sleep for like, a week straight, and then also party for a week straight.

I will make a few brief remarks about my time in Helper so far.

The locals have actually enjoyed having the crew around, which to me is completly surprising. In spite of my many snide remarks, general grumpiness due to sleep deprivation and shaved head (oh yeah, im bald), they've treated us better than I expected. Usually the locs get sick of the crew a week into the process, but we've been here for about three, and they've started treating us like family. This certainly has added to my positive feelings towards Helper.

Oh yeah, before I forget...I did shave my head. No I did not have a Britney moment or catch lice from one of the locals, so just forget those two theories. The director cast me in a very small part in the movie, and it required me to be bald. So I accepted. At first, my head was really fucking cold, and I felt like a cross between Sinead O'connor, Nosferatu, and a very hip skin head, but now I'm ok with it. Everyone says I have a great skull, and let's face it...how many times in my life can I expect to hear that. I have photos of the actual head shaving process, but I'm not ready to post them just yet. In order to help my hair grow faster, I have started taking pre-natal vitamins. This has made me realize I've pretty much experimented with every drug in the pharmacy that I could buy without a prescription. Right... Anyway, my hair is growing at a nice speed, and i'm very content with my decision to buzz it.

And now it's photo time!!! 

Here are pictures of weird things, some through color filters, others just simply psychedelic. More to come as soon as my internet connection stops crapping out.





A room I stripped and decorated.

Snow. I've experienced enough of it here to last me at least a few years.

My next post will have more and better photos, I promise. 


Claudia 

2 comments: