I'll run your ass over, no problem. 

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

today is the greatest


First, I want to acknowledge the official day of Mardi Gras, and to wish an exceptionally festive and happy Mardi Gras to Maddie and Florentina who hosted a party this weekend in Westwood. Thanks for letting my friends crash at your place regularly, we all really appreciate it. Everyone who was there I hope had a lot of fun, and those of you that were not....you better show up next time. I have some very good pictures of the night (our dear friend Henry Kissinger made yet another cameo), but those will come later. Right now I must catch up with First Friday at the Natural History Museum, and some more photos of Los Angeles. 

Natural History Museum hosts a show with KCRW the first Friday of every month for spring/summer. Last Friday was Yeasayer (pronounced /ˈjeɪseɪ.ər// = yaysayer, or look it up) . Apparently they want you to buy tickets for things like this early, but being the natural slacker I am, I didnt. However, things worked out so that my lovely friend Cate from UCSC happened to know Chris (whom I also know from UCSC, and is also lovely!) had an extra ticket. Thus I met up with Cate, Chris and later Kami, Dylan, Jordan and Tim got there too. There's not very many digital pictures so far, due to the early demise of my small digital point and shoot. I know, Im an idiot, but I'll make due until I replace it. Film looks way better anyway.


Chris in traditional checking-my-iphone pose, Cate bringing some Santa Cruz to Noho and the Nat(ural history museum). 

girlfriend is better

this is why we make a good team. 




So far I really like all the people from Brooklyn I've met, and most of the music they make. 

Band was awesome. And very nice to meet after the show. Totally made my week. Oh yeah, and now for the thing that made my previous week, the Biltmore! Here's the promised vintage postcard. 



It's a postcard I got at the Santa Cruz Antique Fair. It was never sent, and the imagine does not have a date on it so I'm not sure what year it's from. That's kind of a bummer, because I was really interested in when Pershing Square looked as inviting as it does above. It actually looks like a cool green space across the street from the Biltmore, former site of the Oscars. What the hell happened in the meantime? I think I need a lesson or two in Los Angeles history. Ill let everyone know as soon as I get on that. Here's one more postcard I bought the same day. 

Im going to take a very similar photo for comparison purposes. 

Speaking of Santa Cruz though, the second Sunday of every month has been much less exciting because I no longer have to walk through the Antique Fair on my way to work. It was a good place to run into people, and to find some really cool things. However, if anyone wants to find out about and then take me to a good flea market or swap meet in L.A., I'm down to go whenever. I've also been digging public transportation recently, so I'm willing to bus/metro/spaceship it to the flea market location. 

So that's all from me for now. I promise an update as early as tomorrow, but who knows if I'll make it to Westwood or not. I want to end this post by giving a shout-out to Santa Clarita, and all the awesome people I've hung out with there. Who knew the valley of the The SFV could be just as much fun...This is what I'm talking about.

More about this guy later. 

Claudia

1 comment: